Become a sponsor
Are you a business, organisation or corporate in Sydney/Newcastle/Wollongong and want to make a difference in your community? Get the satisfaction of real community service.
2RPH offers a range of sponsorship opportunities, where your support will sustain the delivery of a much-needed information, education and entertainment service.
2RPH is the only community radio station in New South Wales dedicated to broadcast to people who are unable to easily access text-based information, either online or in hard copy.
Broadcasting to wider Sydney and the Newcastle region on both the AM (1224) and FM (100.5) frequencies, and in Sydney on 2RPH Digital, we have partner stations in the Blue Mountains, Bathurst and Wagga Wagga. 2RPH is also part of the national RPH radio reading network.
2RPH also develops features and unique content created on topics of interest driven by audience, editorial and consumer needs, such as the program 'Ablequest', which showcases assistive technology and initiatives that enable people with disabilities to live a full and independent life.
Why advertise on radio?
- Reach - Radio reaches most of the population in multiple environments, home, office, car and in everyday situations, such as shopping.
- Cut through - 2RPH limits its advertising to five minutes per hour, so our listeners hear your message
- Targeting - Radio messaging can be tailored and localised to specific demographics, geographic areas and communities
- Consistency - Many of our Announcers and Readers have been reading for numerous years
- Cost efficient - Radio offers reach, frequency and impact through economical production solutions.
Why advertise with 2RPH?
Our listeners are unique. They are people who want:
- Local news
- An independent voice
- Programs they cannot hear elsewhere
- News without the drama
- A friendly voice that speaks to them, not at them
- Specialist information programs
Other services and opportunities:
Education and community information package: Pre-recorded and packaged program blocks are also available for 15-minute, 30-minute and 60-minute.
Studio hire: Our three purpose-built studios are available for hire. Please note that there are no mastering facilities at 2RPH.
Voice-over: Recordings with choice of voice can be prepared for company use. Audio files can be produced in a variety of formats.
Sponsorship packages: Support for 2RPH can be provided through sponsorship of the station, studios, presenters and other aspects of the service.
For any further details and specific rates, please contact us.
2RPH Listener Profile
106,000 listeners tune in to Radio 2RPH each week, according to McNair Ingenuity Research 2016. Out of that 106,000 listeners, 40% are people with a disability.
Our 2RPH audience comprises:
- Those who are blind or who have low vision
- People fitted with cochlear implants learning to hear
- People learning English as a second language who read along with the daily newspaper broadcasts
- Commuters, taxi drivers and truckies
- People at work, particularly shift workers who miss the morning news
- Hospital patients, the elderly and housebound who can listen to the newspapers read to them from the comfort of their beds or lounge chairs.
What do you hear on 2RPH?
Listeners hear a variety of publications and non-reading content on air, including:
- Readings from all daily newspapers
- Letters to the editor
- Book readings
- Articles from popular magazines, such as Australian Women's Weekly, Time, The Monthly and Limelight.
- Lifestyle programs - food and wine, gardening, health and computers
- Finance and stock market reports
- International news, including BBC World News and readings from The Guardian
2019 Sponsorship opportunities
For details and rates on the sponsorship opportunities available with 2RPH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of our 2019 brochure.
Current program sponsors