Make a donation
Donations from listeners, members and supports help 2RPH deliver information and entertainment to those with low vision or who are blind, or who do not have access to varied publications. 2RPH has heard from countless listeners who depend on the readings of newspapers, magazines and books, as well as interviews with experts in a variety of fields, to remain informed on what's happening in the world. The voices of the volunteers are a comfort to those who may be housebound or who may, at times, feel lonely at home. 2RPH is much more than a radio station, it is a 'friendly voice' aimed at keeping everyone informed.
What happens to your donations?
With support of members and donors, the station has been able to meet some major milestones in 2018 including:
- Undertaking a Program Review;
- Producing 10,000 live-to-air and pre-recorded programs with over 170 volunteers, who contributed $940,000 worth of volunteering hours donated.
- Developing key partnerships with the Community Media and Training Organisation (CMTO) for the Program Review; the 'STANDBYME' campaign, which resulted in a further two years of FACS funding; the ABC on the New Year’s Eve fireworks; Readable English for large-type book readings; and Spineless Wonders with new program, Little Fictions;
- Taking part in engagement initiatives with The Big Anxiety Festival, The Australian Inclusive Publishing Initiative Forum, and the Vinnies CEO Sleep-out; and,
- Launching the 2020 Strategic Plan;
- Welcoming 2RPH Patron His Excellency General The Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Ret'd) Governor of New South Wales and Mrs Hurley.
Our program for 2019 will continue to strengthen the station’s programming, our relationships with members, donors, volunteers and listeners, and increase our involvement in important industry campaigns and events to ensure 2RPH is a service that is of value and relevance to listeners.