Volunteer training workshops
Fri, 28 August 2020
We are delighted to announce six training sessions, to be delivered by the Community Media Training Organisation (CMTO) during August and September.
The training is free to all 2RPH volunteers and was made possible through a grant from the City of Sydney.
The training sessions will cover the use of the free audio editing software Audacity and GarageBand for home recording and editing radio programs. There will also be two advanced audio editing training sessions.
Together with your 2RPH colleagues, the training is primarily intended for those who are or may be home recording programs for 2RPH, but are also available for any other volunteers interested in learning the use of these audio software packages.
Training sessions are offered at various times to hopefully offer a convenient time for as many people as possible. Each session will run for 3 ½ hours including a half-hour break. You can attend one or all three types of sessions if you wish: basic editing with Audacity, basic editing with GarageBand and Advanced Editing.
The training sessions dates:
- Audio Editing with Audacity (Session one) Friday 28th August 10am-1:30pm
- Audio Editing with Audacity (Session two) Saturday 5th September 12pm-3:30pm
- Audio Editing with Audacity (Session three) Saturday 12th of September 12pm-3:30pm
- Audio Editing with GarageBand - Saturday 19th September 12pm-3:30pm
- Advanced Audio Editing + Mixing with Audacity (Session one) Friday 25th September 4pm-7:30pm
- Advanced Audio Editing + Mixing with Audacity (Session two) Saturday 3rd October 10am-1:30pm
To register for the training please go to these links:
Audio Editing with Audacity: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/116558614955
Audio Editing with GarageBand: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/116560588859
Advanced Audio Editing/Mixing with Audacity: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/116561331079
For more information on these sessions for volunteers, please email Content Manager Chelsea Deeley at email@example.com.