Bushfire emergency and information for people with disability
Fri, 10 January 2020
Article published on 6 January 2020 by Life Without Barriers on information from the NDIS around support for people with disability affected by the bushfires.
Minister for the NDIS Stuart Robert MP has announced the following information for NDIS participants affected by bushfires.
Anyone who needs assistance with their NDIS supports should call 1800 800 110.
This number will be operational from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday this week.
Bushfire affected NDIS participants will be prioritised to ensure they can continue to receive their disability-related supports, including any additional supports that may be required such as replacing equipment, additional care or therapies.
For further information please follow the below links:
- NDIS office closures and support
- Disaster Recovery Allowance A Disaster Recovery Allowance can be accessed for those who have lost income or have been adversely affected as a direct result of the bushfires. Visit the Department of Human Services website or call 180 22 66.
- Emergency Accommodation Hosts offering free accessible accommodation for displaced people with disability can be found at Accessible Accommodation
- IDEAS Disability Information - Call 1800 029 904 IDEAS are open today until 8pm and can be contacted on 1800 029 904. Their Info Officers have the latest bushfire info and can help with emergency payments and accessible accommodation.
- Keep up to date on your local weather, air quality and fire conditions: