2RPH at the NSW Seniors Expo 2019
Wed, 20 February 2019
2RPH participated in the NSW Seniors Festival Expo 2019 at the International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour, on 14 and 15 February. The Expo is held concurrently with the free Premier’s Gala concerts at the ICC theatre and most of the audience of 20 000 across the two days flowed into the Expo hall after the concerts. Many people came to the 2RPH stall, having seen our ad in the concert program, and chatted to the friendly, knowledgeable 2RPH volunteers on the 2RPH stall.
- Seven new members signed up.
- Seven people provided their contact details to volunteer as readers.
- Many existing listeners gave feedback.
- People who had never heard of 2RPH listened for the first time using earphones at the stall and took home information about how to tune in.
- Networking with other stall holders and presenters.
Here’s what some people said:
- “My radio is on 2RPH day and night – no music, no ads, no Alan Jones”
- “I go to sleep with 2RPH every night”
- “Thank you, my sister has diabetes and is unable to read well”
- “I listen to 2RPH, it helps me to learn English”
Thank you to the following volunteers who generously gave their time to work at the stall: Pat Tod, Janice Challinor, Maggie Thompson, Mary Jane Hogan, Barbara Sullivan, Teresa Plane, Luce Morley, Helen Bersten, and Linda Reitzin.
Image 1: A photo of 2RPH presenter Mary Jane with Glenn Jaye from 90.1 Kogarah radio.
Image 2: Volunteer presenter Barbara talking to a visitor to the 2RPH stand.
Image 3: A photo of the 2RPH stand at the expo decorated by our Volunteer and Engagement Officer Catherine.
Image 4: Volunteers Maggie and Janice doing an amazing job in talking about 2RPH!
Image 5: Volunteers Teresa and Helen welcoming visitors to the 2RPH stand.