Title: Sponsorship and Sales Manager (SSM)
Hours: 15 hours per week
Location: 2RPH, Glebe
Job purpose: The Sponsorship and Sales Manager supports the strategic aims of the organisation to expand and manage a portfolio of sales accounts in line with our purpose, to achieve long-term financial viability for the station.
Responsible to: The Sponsorship and Sales Manager is responsible to the General Manager.
The SSM is responsible for the growth and management of sponsorships, including programs and assets. Working closely with the General Manager, The SSM will follow up leads, negotiate sponsorship packages, administer the benefits and be the central contact for sponsorship enquiries.
The SSM will manage and deliver a program of post-sale follow-up to ensure that sponsors are satisfied with the “2RPH experience” and that they are willing to re-sign at completion of contract.
Management, administration and record keeping of the well-established sponsored broadcast messages scheme and the sponsored program portfolio is a key function of the role.
- Identify and secure new program and asset sponsors
- Work with the Technical Manager to support production and scheduling of National Sponsorship Scheme material
- Research and generate income development proposals
- In collaboration with the GM set and track sales targets
- Manage and maintain a sponsorship pipeline record, dashboard report and database of sponsors
- Provide information to enable invoices to be generated in a timely manner
- Manage and nurture relevant internal and external relationships
- Manage and regularly review the 2RPH sponsorship documentation
- Report on the status of accounts and sales on a regular basis.
Skills, experience and personal attributes:
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and expanding station. Therefore, aspects of the job specification may adapt over time in order to reflect growth. While not exhaustive, the following list of responsibilities gives an overview of the key aspects of the role:
- Implementing approved initiatives and achieving desired results
- Proven experience securing and effectively managing all aspects of inbound sponsorships
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective partnerships with corporate clients, or equivalent experience
- High-level negotiation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge if the media or community sector
- Experience working in a small non-profit organisation
- Experience securing and managing broadcast sales
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate. Please note this is not an entry level position. To apply please email your resume to us together with a covering letter, addressing the above selection criteria to General Manager Sancha Donald; firstname.lastname@example.org.